Growing up, my dad had a rule. “You can’t get a tattoo. If you do, I will make you get it removed. Unless, that is, you join the army and can shoot a seagull in the eye from a mile away, or you have a near-death experience.”
On July 12, 2011, I rode my bicycle to the camp I worked at. On my way home, I rode down a hill, and stopped at the bottom. I looked both ways, and there was no car coming. I started to turn left when I got hit by a car going ~55 miles per hour. I completely shattered the windshield, and when the driver stopped, I was ejected back onto the road. The doctors in the emergency room were absolutely perplexed when I arrived, because they all agreed that I should have died, and they were amazed to release me 4 and a half hours later with only 16 stitches, a concussion, and a chipped tooth. During my recovery, I was angry and confused. A couple if days after my accident, I received cards from my eight year old campers. One of them drew a giant paper crane, and said, “if you fold a thousand paper cranes, you’ll get better”.
Not being able to read, ride a bicycle, or put stress on my body, I cut up an old sudoku puzzle, went on YouTube, and learned how to make a paper crane. By the end of the day, I had a laundry basket full of black and white paper cranes.
I kept making paper cranes, even after I made a thousand, and I ran into a dilemma. What do you do with paper cranes once you’ve made them? A girl in my class had committed suicide the same day I had my accident, and I brought a purple crane to her wake. Her family could not have been happier the moment I presented them with this crane. Something clicked in my head right there. I started giving them to people and hiding them in random places for people to find. I started making art with them, and they became a major part of who I was.
This tattoo is symbolic of my accident, and could not represent me any better.
To mark the start of spring break, i will do this post thingy.
kill your curiosity
- 1. Last kiss- I was 7, i dont even think that counts
- 2. Last phone call- Oh yesterday afternoon, i was calling my friend. To ask her where she was
- 3. Last text message- This morning
- 4. Last song you listened to- An isoun agapi. Ahh that song is so gooodd. Its either that one or Refuse to dance by Celine Dion. Yeah i went back to the past. WAYYY back
- 5. Last time you cried- Oh, when I realized my crush didn’t like me. Oh sad days
- HAVE YOU EVER:
- 6. Dated someone twice- ive never been in a relationship soo
- 7. Been cheated on- eh, ive been betrayed. but no.
- 8. Self harmed- Sadly yes. MOst people wouldnt believe it unless you were a close friend.
- 9. Lost someone special- Define lost
- 10. Been depressed- Yes (shockingly)
- 11. Been drunk and threw up- nah. Not about that life
- THIS YEAR HAVE YOU:
- 12. had sex- NO
- 13. How many people have you had sex with this year? None.
- 15. Made a new friend- Oh too many
- 17. Laughed until you cried- Many times. That’s why i love my friends
- 18. Met someone who changed you- Yeah. It was really nice though because i changed my whole point of view and became a nicer person.
- 19. Found out who your true friends were- On my way man, on my way.
- 20. Found out someone was talking about you- Please, i can count more people that talked behind my back than i have fingers and toes.
- 26. What did you do for your last Birthday- Went out with my mom and sister and had a girls afternoon out. lol that sounds wierd.
- 27. What time did you wake up today- I think 8:50
- 29. Name something you CANNOT wait for- Last Day of High School
- 30. Last time you saw your all of your siblings at the same time- this morning. I only have one
- 31. What is one thing you wish you could change about your life- Problems. Wish i didn’t have family problems
- 32. What are you listening to right now- Silence. It’s lonely
- 33. When is the last time you had sex?- Again, NO
- 34. Who’s getting on your nerves right now- oh people who have no respect for themselves or others. They mostly resort to being racist.
- 35. Most visited webpage- Obviously YOUTUBE. lol nah tumblr.
- 36. Favorite colour- I actually have a lot, but ill stick with blue
- 37. Nicknames- Mira, Mimi, etc
- 38. Relationship Status- Single
- 39. Zodiac sign- Virgo
- 40. Male or female- UNICORN. i mean, female
- 41. Primary school- PS134
- 42. Secondary School IS234
- 43. High school/college- BTHS
- 44. Eye color- ive been told its brown… its really dark brown to me tho
- 46. Height- Doctors cant get it right. But ill say im 5’4
- 47. Do you have a crush on someone- Yas
- 48. What do you like about yourself- My ability to be kind. I take pride in that because many people dont have that capability and in the past people like that hurt me. So i am determined to show kindness to everyone. I mean unless they do something to me.
- 49. Piercings- only one: my ears
- 50. Tattoos- none.
- 51. Righty or lefty- RIGHTY
- 53. First piercing- my ears
- 54. First best friend- My cousin
- 55. First hookup-…..
- 56. First Bestfriend- Didnt you ask this?
- RIGHT NOW:
- 59. Eating- nothing
- 60. Drinking- water
- 61. I’m about to- make banana pancakes
- 62. Listening to- Music
- 63. Waiting for- Love
- YOUR FUTURE:
- 64. Want kids?- Yes!
- 65. Get married?- Yes!
- 66. Career- Pediatrician. I love medicine and kids. Woo!!
- WHICH IS BETTER:
- 67. Lips or eyes- eyes are the windows to the soul
- 68. Hugs or kisses- Hugs. They make me feel all nice inside
- 69. Shorter or taller- shorter: you can make yourself look taller
- 70. Older or Younger- Its your personality
- 71. Romantic or spontaneous- both????
- 72. Nice stomach or nice arms- arms. I would feel protected
- 73. Sensitive or loud- Loud. I am loud soooo
- 74. Hook-up or relationship- Relationship. I have an issue with things that dont last
- HAVE YOU EVER:
- 76. Kissed a stranger- no
- 77. Drank hard liquor- not really. DFoes vodka count
- 78. Lost glasses/contacts- yes i have lost my glasses many times
- 79. Had sex- no
- 80. Broken someone’s heart- i dont think so
- 82. Been arrested- no way
- 83. Turned someone down- no
- 84. Cried when someone died- yes- noth real life and fiction
- 85. Fallen for a friend- yes
- DO YOU BELIEVE IN:
- 86. Yourself- yea
- 87. Miracles- yes
- 88. Love at first sight- it can happen
- 89. Heaven-yes
- 90. Santa Clause- not really
- 91. Kiss on the first date- no. it seems rushed. unless you have known the person for a long time.
- 92. Angels- well i have my guardian angel (my mother and father)
- 93. How would you label yourself?- Open
- 94. Someone You Pray Everyday For- my parents
- 95. Did you sing today- yess
- 96. Who From All Your Ex’s have You Cared The Most About- ohh none of them
- 97. If you could go back in time, how far would you go?- the times of Greece and Rome. I love them places.
- 98. Out Of Everything In The World What Do You Wish For- PeaceandHappiness hah. its one word
- 99. Are you afraid of falling in love?- yes because im afraid of rejection
- 100. Do you like the way you look?- i hope so
If you guys want to do this, i have posted it w/o answers in a previous blog post. This was really fun. I hope you enjoy it!